Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WOW...been a long time since my last blog!!!

Well as you know it's been a while since I posted last......1st thing I wanted to mention is that I listed a new FREEBIE for you all! Something for Easter :) And I might need to be reminded to change more often.....here lately I've got too much stuff going on and I have been forgetting to get stuff done!!! Here is a quick link to my freebie page!
http://www.tennesseeridgeprimitives.com/pages/freeepattern.php


Another AWESOME thing is...I finally got a new "Vintage" sewing machine!!!!!! I am so excited over this machine......I've been without a machine for a while because the last one I had was HORRIBLE....feed dogs never worked right....Just made me wanna take it by the cords and whirl it down the hillside! LOL
But my hubby helped me do some research on sewing machines......I got an AWESOME Deal off one from eBay......I got it today and I am so excited to get started on something!!! I just need a new fresh idea!!!! So give me some time :D
Oh,back to my machine...I got a vintage, one owner Viking Husqvarna!! And it came with 64 pre-filled bobbins....the ORIGINAL owners manual...she hardly ever used it, but kept it serviced! Not a scratch on it anywhere!!! All accessories included! it is absolutely awesome :) I will share a pic of it for you to see :)



What a deal I got on this baby!!! It sews like a dream!!!!



I hope to keep you better posted from now on.....I'll be starting a new blog as well about my weight loss journey that I am in the middle of working on......Hopefully some things will be changing around the Ridge soon..........Thanks to ALL of my WONDERFUL customers who have emailed me, and stood beside me no matter if I am making something new or just facebooking :) I ♥ you all!!!!!!!


Enjoy the freebie...........See you soon! ♥
Becky
TRP :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Becky, great post. I love the machine. I am in the middle of that same journey. I belong to My Fitness Pal, which helps great with keeping track and I also just got a pedometer called the Fitbit, it is amazing (my big splurge from my taxes) It is a pedometer on steroids and really keeps me motivating getting all my steps in for the day and calories burned and such!!! Look forward to sharing in your journey!!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Dear Becky:
Nice to hear from you!
What year is your vintage machine? Do you have a rough time estimate? I think it's so awesome that you're creating things with a vintage machine. The pre-filled bobbins are a real treat. I hope you enjoy working on your "new" machine.
I am currently using my mother's vintage Kenmore sewing machine from 1964. It sews better than my new Brother machine. I can't believe it.
Hugs,
Susan
p.s. thank you for the free pattern!

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous machine! Congratulations on finding it & getting such a great deal! Best of luck in your continuing diet. I did really well on mine for many months but for some reason I fell off the diet wagon last month & I've gained about 20 pounds back : ( Will be getting back on track soon. Blessings, Shirlee

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Hi Becky, so glad to hear from you. Congrats on your machine. I have a Husqvarna Viking as well. Looking forward to seeing what you create next!!
Blessings,
~Rene~

Nancy said...

Yes, Becky, it has been a LONG time! Thanks so much for the wonderful new freebie! That will be lots of fun! :o)
Thanks also for the fabulous mental image of you taking your old machine by the cords and whirling it down the hillside! haha That one will keep me chuckling ALL day! Photos or a video would be wonderful! lol
The new machine looks great! They just don't make things like they used to, do they? I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey! You're in the middle so you're doing GREAT!! Just keep on going!!...Nancy :o)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Thanks Becky for the wonderful freebie!!!
Love your new ~ vintage sewing machine!!!
Good to hear from you again!
Prim Blessings
Robin

WoolenSails said...

I was wondering if you were ok and glad to see your posting again. Wonderful machine and will be fun to work with.

Debbie

ThreeGreenApples said...

Hi, I also fell in love with this vintage machine, I purchased mine (same vintage as yours, only a white one)on ebay a while back :)

Was wondering if you have the manual for this machine? I'm clueless as to where to start looking for it... I'm googeling for hours now, and almost giving up...

Enjoy your machine.
Thanks,
Rina