Sunday, January 14, 2007

Felting doll hair......SUPER EASY to do!!!


I know it's been a few days since my last blog...but I've been lazy lately ;)...

I just wanted to let you all know about FELTING NEEDLES for your doll hair! These needles are a MUST have for anyone who wants to make a doll and put some hair on it ;).....for instance...I just made a sheep doll....I covered him with real raw sheep wool! I HAND STITCHED all of the wool to the sheep.....This took a LOT longer than if I would have had my trusty felting needle! With these needles, all you have to do is take your raw sheep wool (Which can be purchased from an ebay member palmpanda4ever)....be SURE to get the WASHED wool if you buy from anyone else...Trust me, some of the wool I've purchased was just NASTY......Trudy, of Palmpanda4ever, has some of the BEST wool out there! When you get it, it smells GOOD and WASHED!!! ;)............For some felting needles....go to http://www.primitivecupboard.com/dsp_ProductDetail.cfm?ItemID=3029&CFID=582847&CFTOKEN=34974436 and get you some needles to start out with.....You WILL need more than one needle if you are like me and break them....they DO break easy...but if you are careful your needle will last you a while.......these are PERFECT for doll hair!!!! Holding the needle straight up and down, just start poking. Poke in and out! You'll hear the needle piercing the fabric. Just keep on poking over and over and then give a slight tug to the hair.....The hair will be in the doll and NO STITCHING required! ;) It is much faster and a LOT easier on your hands!!

Ok.......enough for now......time for bed...
Until next time.................Keep on poking.......;)

0 comments: